Jul 7, 2010

Black Tutu For Tanner

I am coming out of my (very long) blogging hiatus because this?


This speaks to me.

BHJ, one of the most brilliant (sarcastic, beautiful-jaded) bloggers I have yet to encounter, will be putting on his running shoes, donning a black hockey tutu and running as many successive 5k marathons as his body will allow to help raise awareness for Muscular Dystrophy in honor of this little boy:


That little guy up there? His name is Tanner, and he is 8 years old. He has Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy, a disease that causes his muscles to deteriorate. It's fatal. 

Tanner's aunt, Catherine of Her Bad Mother, and many of the bloggers attending BlogHer will be running in tutus for Tanner. BHJ is taking a slightly more manly approach, in the hopes that Tanner will appreciate a little bit of testosterone thrown into the mix. 

I would like to think that if my son was in the position Tanner is in right now, there would be people willing to help him, and others like him, out. So, I made a donation, and will be adding BHJ's widget here and to my sidebar in case you would like to do the same. 

Thanks. :)




1 comment:

BHJ said...

Thanks for spreading the word.