Sep 14, 2010

Mushaboom...

We have been invaded. Seriously.







What kind of mushroom is this??

Say it with me: O-M-G!!!! (blech!)


Apparently autumn = mushroom season out here in the wilds of Manitoba. Or...well...at least in the wilds of my yard. Everywhere I look, I discover a new mushroom. They unsettle me, the way they show up overnight...poking their silent, creepy selves up out of the ground to be stepped on unwittingly, or touched accidentally.

Have you ever lifted a damp board, or a rock, say...only to discover several surprised insects skittering away? Do you remember that strange revulsion that tingles up and down your spine and makes you want to dance a dance of convulsive horror? That is how I feel about mushrooms.

Especially that phallic one. What...you didn't notice?

(Yeah right.)

Flat little toadstools near the apple tree. Little umbrella under a pine. Phallus by the driveway (and it's still growing. It's an inch taller since yesterday.) Nasty brain-like thing near my flower bed.

*shiver*

Help?

In other news, this is happening at a rapid pace:






Well, summer...it was good while it lasted, right?

6 comments:

Space Dog said...

Has anything scarier sprouted from the phallic one?? Hahahaaa..
Wanna be horrified? Google "phallic mushrooms." 8-/ I'm having nightmares...

*~(boom)~* said...

No, but it has undergone a huge change. 8-/

*shiver*

Amber@Nater Tot said...

Haha - I was just reading on another blog (Circus Daily, maybe?) about a mushroom invasion! Take cover from that crazy penis mushroom!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos! And clearly, the phallic mushroom is my favorite.

*~(boom)~* said...

I will have to take some more pictures. The invasion has become a takeover, and we are all hostages to the mushabooms.

Yikes.

Amber@Nater Tot said...

Hope that demented penis mushroom didn't get you! Just stopped by to tell you that I gave you an award :) http://mylifewithnate.blogspot.com/2010/10/using-baby-sign-language-to-enhance.html